A Miracle of Grace

By September 29, 2020October 1st, 2020Christ Our Life 2020
Marilyn Lane and Ellen Miller

Founders Ellen Miller & Marilyn Lane.

Wow, what a weekend the good Lord prepared for us! (along with a little help from His friends.)

The Christ Our Life Conference was truly a blessed Miracle of Grace. When Covid-19 hit back in February, it never occurred to us that we would still be dealing with it after spring break, much less in September.

But as the months went by, and Satan put roadblock after roadblock in our path, it became clear that if the COL conference was going to take place, it would only by the grace of our good God.

The team had been working on the conference since right after the 2018 Christ Our Life Conference, and we very much wanted it to happen, but in prayer we continually put the outcome in the Lord’s hands. We chose to submit to the will of God, and the will of our dear Bishop Joensen.

And boy did God ever come through!

Things looked a bit different this year. Instead of the 7000+ people at the actual conference we had in 2018, we sold 2059 in person tickets. And in addition to those present at Wells Fargo Arena, we estimate that we had up to 4000 people viewing via livestream, making this conference available worldwide.

Two of our international attendees

We had people from 12 countries and from 4 continents attending the conference via livestream: the  US, UK, Ireland, Scotland, France, Brazil, Malta, Malawi, Spain, Croatia, Trinidad Tobago, and Canada.

If we had not had Covid-19, who knows how long it would have taken for us to take the leap to livestream this conference. Moving forward, this will be an international conference. Is God good or what?!

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28

There were so many graces this weekend. Did you see the gift of the sun disappearing and reappearing in the video below taken by one of our attendees? Amazing.

And one of our attendees reported that in the adoration chapel, she witnessed floating orbs above our Lord in the monstrance. Could this possibly be manifestations of angels?

These are just two of the countless graces reported to us.

Sr. Miriam James, SOLT

Every one of the speakers gave us something unique, and everyone seemed to deliver exactly what we need to hear.

One of the prevailing messages that came through for me was “Do not be afraid, God has this.” Another one was how much God loves me, and you, and every single one of us. Steve Angrisano said something that really hit home. He didn’t say it this way exactly, but here is what my heart heard: “The people on the other side of the chaos are not our enemies, they are hostages of  the enemy.” That re-framed what is going on in our world in such a loving and realistic way.

The livestream option was not problem-free. Most of the difficulties had to do with attendees’ individual connection, but not all. We had a problem on Saturday night when the internet connection to Wells Fargo went down. Thank you for your grace and patience. We are grateful.

We have some exciting news.

This is the first post in a blog we are calling Christ Our Life Everyday.  We want to use this blog to stay in touch with you weekly and as a means to support and lift each other up between now and 2022. We all know, in our heart of hearts, that we are going to need that support more than ever.

Do you have any insights or experiences you would like to share with us? Please leave them in the comment field below. We would love to hear from you.

Please subscribe here to stay in touch Christ Our Life.

Join the discussion 25 Comments

• John S says:

I wasn’t able to watch the conference because of work. As far as I know, these were Mirjana’s first public comments since the last of the second of the month apparitions. Could you at least share with us something of what she spoke about? Was she able to say anything about the end of the monthly apparitions? Thanks, God Bless.

• Christ Our Life says:

Thanks for your comment John. This is a great idea. Watch for a blog post about her talk in the coming weeks.

• Stef Harper says:

I have SO.MANY.EMOTIONS going on post-conference.

This year has been odd. Covid definitely threw everyone for a loop and made for a lot of stressful situations. I knew all along that it would be worth it in the end, but it was hard sometimes to see the goal at the end of the tunnel. It was so incredibly moving for me to experience how the conference was touching the lives of others. I’m quite introverted, and as a result of that, I’ve developed the skills of observation and empathy. I have loved watching the reactions of others during the conference, reading their Facebook comments, and observing the Holy Spirit working in them and through them. Christ Our Life 2020 touched many hearts and was just the bright spot of hope that everyone needed during this challenging time.

I’ve been doing music ministry for 30 years (I started playing flute at Mass at the Basilica of St. John when I was 14 years old, and I’ve been consistently, actively involved in music ministry ever since). My involvement in music at the conference this year was one of my top 2 favorite, meaningful, life-changing music moments in my entire life. To put that in perspective, my other top music moment was my spontaneous flute recital in a chapel at a Haitian orphanage. Working with Steve Angrisano was an incredible honor. I can’t even tell you how amazing it was to get to collaborate with someone I have admired for 20 years. I’ve struggled with self-esteem issues for many years; through the years I’ve had many compliments on my music, but also a lot of criticism, and, unfortunately, the negative words carry more weight than the positives.

Having a musician that I’ve admired not only compliment my musicianship, but, as were were rehearsing, to ask me if I was comfortable playing solo flute intro on 2 songs……that was an incredible moment that meant the world to me. The best way to describe our Friday rehearsal: AMAZING!!!! I was so nervous at first, but once we started playing and realized how well each one of us worked together, I was excited and ready to share our music with everyone.

I am so blessed to have each of the steering committee members in my life. Each person added something unique and special to this conference, and it was filled with love in every action and every moment.

• Christ Our Life says:

The music was beautiful Steph and we were so grateful to have you share your considerable talents at the conference.
      Blessings to you.

• Cynthia Loots says:

I would like to see a list of vendors and what they offer with any subsequent on-line conferences. If it was done this time, I must have missed the link. These vendors could be supported by those attending on-line if they had a catalog summary of what they offer. I have attended every COL conference after the first and they are ALWAYS so rewarding. I usually purchase Christmas gifts from the vendors and it was not possible for me this time. However, I do know I’m getting a Christmas gift purchased because my daughter-in-law who attended in person called to ask me my T-shirt size. On-line was not as good as being there in person, but it was certainly the better alternative than missing it totally because of Covid! Thanks for your diligence in making it happen! Cindy

• Christina Walsh says:

Hi!

I was so delighted to come across COL2020, I can’t remember how. Though my “attendance” was limited because of time differerences I was so very pleased and grateful for the experience.

I am in England.In the 70s I was in Canada and knew two young women who were from Iowa. At COL my heart “stopped” as I saw what could have been the daughter of one of them:spitting image even with a mask.

May I ask if a Stephanie (nee Weller) or a Nancy (nee Vick ) were involved in the conference?

I know this is a bit crazy,but,well, miracles happen…

Thank you and God bless all there!
    Christina Walsh (Preston, England)

• Valerie Walker says:

When we prayed the sung Divine Mercy chaplet. I was reminded of the grace to be received in praying and singing together.

• Jesse Lobb says:

First, thank you and the bishop for going ahead with the conference. I think that we need to act with sense and with courage. I have been to mass and conferences in several dioceses and cities over the last several months and the effort that has been made to keep participants safe is truly commendable. One of the hardest things during the lockdown was not being able to go to mass and communion. I read that the priests from Father Calloway’s community have said that although it has been difficult not having the Divine Mercy Center open to the public, that they have actually been able to reach more people with the online ministry. You had a chance to experience that this weekend. One thing I wish you would offer is an option to buy a ticket for both. I came from Missouri but could only be there for one day. You may also consider taping it and putting it on CD or thumb drive. People may have missed talks for a variety of reasons (confession, adoration, family needs, etc). It also seemed that you ended earlier on Saturday night than in 2018. That was good because people did not leave in the middle of Benediction and Adoration or skip it because they had to travel home several hours or put kids in bed. That service is extremely powerful and next to Mass, one of the most important things we do. The talks are important but the most important thing is what God does but you have to give Him space to work. My experience with reconciliation was VERY helpful. The Holy Spirit was really working in that priest. Tell them many thanks for what they did. I’m sure they were exhausted at the end. Again, many thanks for all of your hard work and a great conference. I’m very glad I came.

• Martha galvan says:

Will any recorded content be made available for viewing ?

• Thank you for keeping in touch with us.

• Denise M Freeman says:

Greetings: Wow, thanks for sharing that information of the graces received, very touching! The video of the Sun is amazing, as you said. I attended the Conference via Livestream wanting to see, especially Mirjana Soldo and Sister Miriam specifically. I only found out about the Conference very late the night before and mistakenly purchased the In-Person ticket which I then offered as a donation because I thought these guys are so busy the night before this major event no one will have time to respond to me. So without waiting for a response I went ahead and purchased the Online Ticket (I was wrong someone responded right away, thank you! 🙂 ). I was able to see Mirjana on Saturday which was so great! and that evening just as Sister Miriam was underway the Stream stopped and while I was able to see it from her start up to where it interrupted I did not see the missed part. I don’t think it was available? I used to attend the Charismatic Conferences here locally for years. They offered tapes and videos for purchase right after each speaker and also music tapes. Of course we don’t use tapes and videos anymore – with DVD’s and digital recordings! I was hopeful that your Group would have a similar product but I was told no none would be available. I wasn’t able to catch Mirjana and Sister Miriam on Sunday, however I did get parts of the Mass. The little I saw was so good. I hope you might consider making DVD’s of the speakers and CD’s of the music it was so good. I would certainly purchase the selections. I hope you will also share some of the other graces from the Event during your Blog posts. Thanks for a lovely weekend, Bravo! Well done!! Denise

• Christ Our Life says:

We do not have them available this year Denise, but thank you for your comments. We very much appreciate them!
      We will be weighing everything our attendees tell us and suggest to us for the 2022 conference and see where God (and technology) leads us.
      May Christ Our Life bless you today and everyday.

• Helen Stout says:

It was another powerful amazing weekend at Christ Our Life. It was my second and I am already looking forward to my 3rd.
    Asking God to guide and protect you all always.

• Christ Our Life says:

Thank you for your prayers. We can’t do this withourt a powerful team of prayers.
      Know that you are in our prayers as well.

• Jackie Carey says:

I had a friend from 40 years ago contact me on Facebook messenger during the conference asking me if I was there. She knew I must be because I had posted photos as soon as I arrived at the arena. She said she had felt called to reach out to me with the following message…

“This is going to seem really weird, it’s not weird it’s just Him working.

My heart is so unbelievably full right now – more so then it’s been in 5 years. A comment my boyfriend made a week ago took me in a crazy journey – including your post today – my internet search taking me to Sr Miriam James’ Your Life Matters video … and receiving her prayer (just for me 🤣) for me at the end … has filled my soul with the Holy Spirit and hope that’s been missing a long time.

Please know that you played a part in starting to healing the broken 😘 thank you 🙏🏻

The tears are still falling. If you run into our mutual friends there- please tell them the conference is working 4 hours away in SD.
    Have a fabulous rest of the conference. ”

God is good all the time! All the time, God is good!

• Christ Our Life says:

Oh Jackie, what a beautiful message! You made my day.

This is exactly what we pray for, that Christ Our Life will touch hearts and bring people closer to Christ.

Jesus, Divine Healer, we thank you for the work being done in the heart of this dear woman.

• Maria Maher says:

Love it!!! Thanks so much for sharing with us some of the things that happened…that we may never have heard about!
    Are there any video re-presentations that we could view if we missed them…like Sr. Miriam? or Fr. Don? The speakers
    were just marvelous, inspiring and I’d love to review all that they had to teach and share with us. Yes, there definitely
    were angels there! Cheers for all of you who put this together for the world. Thank you so much!!

• Christ Our Life says:

I am sorry to say, Maria, that we are unable to make the talks available because of copyright issues. So glad you were there and so glad you were blessed by the conference.

• Kathryn Udrovich says:

Are we able to see footage of the speakers?

• Christ Our Life says:

I am sorry Kathryn, but we will not be posting footage of the speakers because of copyright issues. Is this the Kathryn I know from Beaverdale? So good to hear from you. This is Karen Quiner
      Blessings!